Wednesday, October 20, 2004

So, the Red Sox found a way

Well, I hate to tell it like it is folks but the Sox have all the momentum. I wasn't sure after they eeked out two extra inning games but they brought their game last night. It kind of sucks. The Yanks have their hands full tonight.

Some thoughts from the game last night:

One, would somebody please light a fire under the Yankees butts. Thank you. All night long, the players seemed to act like they still had a 3-0 lead. While I don't think they needed to panic last night, they needed more heart. This was a winnable game and they did not take advantage of opportunities again. Much of that credit goes to the Sox. Simply put, the Sox and Schilling in particular, played like they wanted it more than the Yanks. Sad.

Two, I thought the Yanks hit Schilling much harder than the stats indicate. Unfortunately, the ball was not in play or the natural elements kept the ball in the park. On normal nights, Cairo and Posada each hit solo shots and have at least a 2-0 lead. Now, I'm not trying to discredit Schilling's performance but Lady Luck wasn't on the side of the Yanks.

With that said, I don't feel very confident about the Yanks chances tonight. Their backs are against the wall and need to win, if nothing else, to save themselves from history. If there's any team and franchise that can pull of this feat, it's the Yanks.

But, if I'm a gambling man, take the Sox 5-3 in nine innings. I'm not a gambler so I hope I'm wrong. I certainly was last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home